I'm sure you've found yourself in a situation where you get to the reception desk, sign your forms, and look around for a bit before realising you’ve made a terrible mistake with your choice of hotel. We know we have. With the sheer number of hotels available nowadays, it's very easy to make a poor decision - something that even experienced travellers do. Luckily for you, we've put together this guide to tell you what we think the most important things are when looking for a hotel in Aberystwyth. The best hotel for you is out there waiting; we'll tell you how to find it!
Central location - in the heart of Aberystwyth
Aberystwyth has so many incredible sights and activities to offer, and you certainly don’t want to miss out because you’re staying at some desolate hotel miles from the town centre. You’ll want to ensure your hotel is within walking distance from the heart of Aberystwyth, so you can easily access the train and bus stations and get to the seafront and promenade where you'll find restaurants, shops and pubs.
The facilities are the most important things you want to check when selecting a hotel for your stay in Aberystwyth. Whether you’re staying as part of a business trip or simply for leisure, your chosen hotel must have good facilities to cater for all of your needs.
Here are some questions you should ask yourself when considering what facilities are available:
- Does the hotel have its own restaurant? Ideally, you’d want to stay in a hotel with a high-quality in-house kitchen. We know you’d like to try some of the many delicious restaurants in the heart of Aberystwyth, but sometimes after a long day’s adventuring, you just want to be able to put your feet up and enjoy a meal without leaving the hotel.
- What kind of rooms do they have available? Do they cater for families who might require extra space or disabled guests with special needs?
- Do they cater for business travel? Is there free Wi-Fi throughout the hotel, and do they have 24-hour check-in/out?
Car Parking - no need to pay for parking in Aberystwyth town centre!
You’ll want to ensure your chosen hotel has its own car park, open to guests and non-guests. The parking should be free and accessible 24 hours a day, 7 days a week - with no need to display your parking ticket or pay any fees. If you’re staying for business, this is vital, as you’ll need to be able to come and go freely.
The beds are where you'll spend most of your time in the room and can't be overlooked. It’s worth looking into what kind of mattress they have and if it will provide proper support. In addition, other factors may affect how much you’ll enjoy your room.
- How many pillows? (This can make or break the quality of your sleep).
- Is there enough space between each bed if you’re staying in a twin room? (You don't want to feel like you're sharing with someone else).
- How often are the rooms cleaned and the beds made?
- Is there free Wi-Fi signal throughout the whole room? (No one likes dead spots).
Park Lodge Hotel
If we had to suggest a hotel in Aberystwyth that ticks all the boxes for a reasonable price, then we’d say Park Lodge Hotel. We are perfectly located; just a kilometre from the centre of town, so you can enjoy peace and quiet when you need it - but also have access to all the amazing things Aberystwyth has to offer. Our in-house kitchen is fantastic too, serving freshly made food from locally sourced ingredients.
Trying to figure out where to stay can be stressful. Luckily, by looking for some key features, you can ensure you get it right and book a hotel you’ll love.
With a wealth of amenities and facilities, you can be sure that your stay here at Park Lodge Hotel will be comfortable and relaxing. Our in-house restaurant has a huge range of food options, and we have a range of rooms to cater to all guest types. We tick all of the boxes, and we can confidently say that Park Lodge Hotel is the perfect place to stay next time you visit Aberystwyth.